CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Running Errands the Green way


So as I mentioned this morning I had to pick up some cat food for my kitty. While I was at the health food store (which is on my exact route home, love that) picking up cat food and some glucosamine treats for him, I also picked up a few other green items as well. I picked up some cashew butter, a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Sal Sud (the uses for this are endless so it is always great to have on hand),a few bottles of Bossa Nova (so I saved a few rain forest trees with that purchase), and I picked up some Pheylonian Beeswax candles. The Pheylonian Beeswax candles have lots of eco/health benefits, they produce negative ions, which cleanse the air of dust, odors, toxins, pollen, mold, dust mite feces, chem-trail residues and viruses, and they are completely non-toxic, non-allergenic and non-carcinogenic(which most candles are not). Of course all these items were packed up nicely in my canvas tote ;)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Great purchases!

Shalane said...

Almond butter sound so good!

Mandi said...

Go Amber, on the kickdrum! I think I asked you this before, but can't remember your answer...where did you get almond milk? Which do you like better almond butter or cashew butter? I always want to try!!!!!

Mandi said...

Oh! another thing...what flavors of Bossa Nova are those? You probably saw this recipe in Martha Stewart, but it looks delicious. Reduce juice by half in a saucepan, let cool, pour some in a glass with ice and pour some club soda to mix. I want to try, sounds amazing.

Amber said...

Oh that is actually cashew butter, but they are both good! And I get my almond milk at trader joes but it's a non trader joes brand, it's called Almond breeze by Blue Diamond so I'm sure you can find it at other stores.The bossa nova flavors are mango and passion fruit, oh I will have go look up that reciepe!! Thanks for checking out the blog girls!

julie said...

I want to be more green! I'm going to start keeping up with your blog and trying better. I wish we had a health food store here.

Jenna said...

I want to try Bossa Nova, but I don't know if they have them in Canada! Are they only at Trader Joe's?

Amber said...

Jenna I got mine at a local health food store, not Trader Joes. if you go on the Bossa Nova website (it is linked in my post) you can see what stores carry them =)