CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A San Francisco Treat!

Today my mom and I skipped out on our local Farmers Market and headed to the San Francisco Ferry Building Farmers Market (ohh don't worry we took BART so no gas was wasted). This farmers market is amazing, a definite must see if you are ever in town. The ferry building in general should be a must on your San Francisco list, it is filled with restaurants and food dedicated shops.

The weather was perfect , heavenly aromas filled the air and as you can see gorgeous, gorgeous fruits and veggies were as abundant as the canvas bags. What a fabulous day, thanks again Mom!

Our day began with a trip to San Francisco via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) an electrical train used for public transportation, I snapped a pic for all of you that have never been to the Bay Area.
On to the market...
A rainbow of peppers, I was obsessed with these. Aren't they gorgeous?

Some heirloom tomatoes, so yummy! They gave us a sample of a heirloom tomato and basil salad that was so delish. I am going to try to recreate.

My strawberry spritzer in a 100% biodegradable cup! =) I bought this mainly because I thought it was so darn cool. Hopefully these types of faux plastics become more mainstream.
Hope your weekend is going as nicely as mine! Keep it Local =)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

oooo love the pictures! The tomatoes make me want to eat some Fried Green Tomatoes. :) How awesome is that cup too! Looks like you had a great day girl.

Shana said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the Ferry building, but have never been during the farmer's market.

But you didn't post your haul!

suzy Lane said...

Amber it was so much fun! thanks for letting join you in this adventure....
we must do it again soon
love mom

Mandi said...

That drink looks delicious and I have never seen purple bell peppers before!